Patients' Council


Life after death came for me from the section

When Thanatos first spoke with no hint of inflection

Such powerful forces - one small human form

Just living as me, how can I perform?


Taken by care of the government's purse

Surrounded by others, with doctors and nurse

No shortage of drugs, no place else to hide

No decision to make - the old self's demise


Who else has been here?  What have I done?

To lose my freedom, or the care of a mum

Who understands me?  Who hears my voice?

Can I go home?  Is there a choice?


To be visited then, by people who share

And be able to ask them - why do you care?

What happens to me, the surroundings I see

Why do you sit there - and listen to me?


I ask what I like and I say what I will

My voice can't be silenced by tablet or pill

My eyes are wide open - my ear to the ground

We know where we are and can sense all around


Now take my words - act on my expression

I know you're nothing - without my predilection

One firm bond of trust - a reverential hue

Of knowing that we - are as one with you












No comments:

Post a Comment