Hunch; 1912



If positive affirmation of an external quality is what you seek

Look both nearer and further away

If you want solace and conversation from someone who’s meek

There’s plenty I can say


Your mind is vibrant, your form in perfect place

There’s a soul which is rooted

And a tale of hope for the human race


Whilst my forte may be prose, and you know little of me

Company and wit are both for you

If you allow a moment for this soliloquy

One compliment can be paid, to which you are due


In a few short minutes the interest which was instilled

Has invigorated things once dreamed

Never mind that practicalities can’t be fulfilled

Your voice sang out and your smile beamed


Words may be feint, expressions moreso true

I always try to be honest

And I'm happy that I spoke with you


Yesterday I didn’t realise, how complex things really are

Neither could I remember what instigation felt like

Soon I hope, we can bridge the thought afar

But not hope twice that lightning could strike

 

No comments:

Post a Comment